X startup stuff - questions

Adi Linden [email protected]
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:10:41 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

> The X windows server XF86_SVGA seems to come up and run...but to make
> this work from my FLASH disk I have to do the following:

Good stuff!

> 1. extract / erase /load / lilo all from pwlconfig
> 2. boot to FLASH device
> 3. mknod /dev/mouse c 10 1

Wouldn't the above be part of the installation process of putting X onto
the flash device/into the filesystem?

> 4. insmod unix.o
> 5. xfs -droppriv -daemon -port -1
> 6. XF86_SVGA

I would do a startup script to run from the etc/rcS.d directory. All
scripts in there are run automatically at startup in alphanumerical order.
To have good control over what runs when they're numbered, like: 05modules
20firewall, etc....

> Where can I stick the above commands 3,4 and 5 in my etc/init.d files
> to get this done everytime it boots ?

Adi