PeeWeeLinux - pwlconfig behavior (fwd)

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:39:45 -0800 (PST)

Gary,
Thanks for trying PWL ! I hope its a help for your project.
Some answers your questions below:

--- Adi Linden <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Got this email and figured I'd better forward it to you...
>
> Adi

I'm guessing here that you need to save your project before you exit.

When you start configuring a package, a temporary ".package.list" file is
created from either 1) the projects last "package.list" file or 2) from
the "Embedded_Build/../package.list" file.

As you make changes, the ".package.list" file is modified.  This file
remains until you save the project.  If you exit without saving, a
(verbose but highly clear :-?) message asks if you want to continue with
the changes you made previously, or revert to your last saved project.

If you revert, your changes will be lost and "build_files_verify" will
create an new ".package.file" when you start to re-configure that package
again.

If you continue, your ".package.file" remains and is updated until you
save your project.

Anyhow, thats the way its supposed to work.  Programmers are the worst
testers, so I *Know* there is some testing to do here :-)

If this is not the case for the problem you are seeing, please let me
know 1) what version of pwlconfig you are using and 2) any short list
of inputs that cause the problem to occur.

> Also, I have written up a short script to pack up the project mount point and
> generate a root disk image suitable for making a root floppy.  If I clean it
> up a bit, would you like me to send you a copy?  I noticed that the "put
> PWL on a floppy" documentation is missing at the moment and not supported
> in pwlconfig.

Yes!! that would be great. I'm currently concentrating on getting the script
features in that I want (I don't even have a marketing dept. to blame for
scope creep here!) and trying to get our companys' thin client out the door...
Thus, the Floppy and CD rom are sorely neglected...Any other features you
think might be handy, just let us know!

BTW, I guess I'll have to post my latest upgrade, V0.85.  I have a new script,

pwl_template

that will build a file that has the framework for PWL scripts.  The result
is a program that parses the command line and has a working dialog box
built in....just add the good stuff in the middle :-)

> thanks,
>   Gary

Thank you too for helping to test this...if enough people help here, maybe
the number of HOW-TO's everyone needs to read will continue to shrink!

Later,
Ralph Stickley